|TAA CORPORATE MEMBERS
For more information on TAA's Corporate Membership and Membership Application,
please send an email to
Founded in 1951, the Turkish-American Association (TAA) has built a reputation as one of the most prestigious
Bi-national centers in Turkey. TAA, as a non governmental organization, has successfully carried out its purpose: to promote understanding between Turks and Americans and to strengthen the friendship and cultural ties between the two countries.
The association does so through a wide range of activities, such as lectures, panel discussions, and conferences with prominent speakers to enrich public awareness on a wide range of issues. Topics range from international relations, economics and business, defense and history to local archeology, American studies and the fine arts.
Other activities include exhibits, concerts, drama performances by local and international artists and groups, dance nights, flea markets, receptions, special nights (e.g. Thanksgiving dinner, American chili night, Christmas events, New Year's Eve parties and Halloween parties ), U.S. Election Watch programs which include conferences, panels, press conferences and live broadcast of U.S. elections, Touring Around Turkey programs which acquaint the Ankara community with various Turkish provinces and special activity groups. With all these activities all held at TAA facilities (art gallery, lounges and auditorium), TAA serves as a melting pot where artists, intellectuals and academics from all walks of life gather to share their expertise and talent.
TAA provides English, Turkish and Spanish language classes, utilizing the most modern teaching methods, equipment, and materials. Courses are offered both on an individual enrollment basis and by contract: group lessons provided to a specific government office or business on-site or at TAA. TAA's list of references include such prominent institutions such as the Turkish General Staff, Office of Defense Cooperation, NATO Ankara Communications Squadron, Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Turkish Undersecretariat of the Treasury, U.S. Embassy, Capital Markets Board, Coca-Cola and Ministry of Agriculture.
WHY BECOME A CORPORATE MEMBER?
TAA is one of the most visible and prestigious binational centers in Turkey dedicated to promoting understanding and friendship between Turks and Americans.
In the more than half a century since its establishment, TAA has facilitated improved understanding of the two cultures. It has formed a prominent bridge between the two peoples. Many Turkish governmental and business leaders have fond memories of spending parts of their formative years at TAA. The international political and cultural environment has changed over the years, but the need for TAA remains strong.
TAA activities center on learning about America and Turkey through language, academic exchanges and through the arts photography, paintings, music, dans, and theater. Many academicians and budding artists are able to reach their audiences at no cost at TAA. The low costs of activities here allow many people of Ankara to experience cultural activities that they might not otherwise be able to afford.
Maintaining the friendship between the two societies requires continued close attention from the local community in order to realize its continuing great potential. Friends of TAA can help, by providing their time or by contributing materially, through grants or in-kind donations.
TAA would welcome your company's support, by joining TAA as a corporate member and thereby assisting TAA to reach its goals. Support to TAA can also enhance your corporate image in Turkey. Many of our members, and supporters are influential within their professional and social circles. We are proud to showcase our corporate partners to them. Support of TAA can provide a forum for you to display the human side of your corporation. Moreover, commercial relations between countries often depend upon goodwill by their citizens. Cordial relations between peoples facilitate a favorable climate in which businesses can operate.
TAA CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP
By joining TAA, your organization will become part of a prestigious organization, and thus contribute to the cause of promoting understanding between Turks and Americans, strengthening the friendship and the cultural ties between the two countries.
Corporate members receive several benefits depending on their membership level:
(Initial fee: $ 6.000 / Membership Renewal $ 2.000 annually)
• Company recognition in the form of a large logo or banner displayed in the TAA lobby and on the TAA
• Four regular individual memberships for the company's designated representatives
• Sponsorship recognition at TAA events (receptions marking significant Turkish & American days, conferences, concerts, musicals, exhibits, etc)
• Four free admissions to paid conferences and free transcripts
• Link from the TAA website to the company's homepage
• Company recognition in the form of a plaque after complete renewal of a classroom,
or Four individual scholarships for TAA language classes
• Use of TAA's lounges, auditorium and/or exhibit hall four days in a calendar year at no cost*
• Three no-cost company advertisements in the TAA's monthly program of which 2000 copies are printed and distributed to TAA members, embassies, universities, numerous public an private institutions
• Recognition in TAA's annual report
• 30 percent discount on language classes for company employees and their immediate family members
* Space only; catering and/or entertainment costs will be charged.
(Initial fee: $ 3,000 Membership / Renewal $ 1,000 annually)
• Company recognition in the form of a plaque displayed in the TAA lobby and
on the TAA web site
• Two regular individuals memberships for the company's designated representative
• Use of TAA's lounges, auditorium and/or exhibit hall three days in a calendar year at no cost*
• Link from the TAA website to company homepage
• Three free admissions to paid conferences and free transcripts
• Two scholarships in one academic year for TAA language classes
• Two no-cost company advertisements in the TAA's monthly program of which 2000 copies are printed and distributed to TAA members, embassies, universities, numerous public and private institutions
• Recognition in TAA's annual report
• 25% discount on English/Turkish/Spanish classes for the employees and immediate families
of the corporate members
(Initial Fee: $ 2,000 Membership Renewal $ 650 annually)
Company recognition in the form of a plague displayed in the TAA lobby and
TAA web page
One regular membership for the company's designated representative
Recognition on the TAA webpage
Use of TAA's lounges, auditorium and/or exhibit hall two days in a calendar
year at no cost*
One free admission to paid conferences and free transcripts
Link from the TAA website to company homepage
Recognition in TAA's annual report
20 % discount on English/Turkish/Spanish classes for the employees of the