Bilkent PAE Exam
(Proficiency in Academic English)
Bilkent University PAE Prep Year Course consists of 76 hours in total, 4 days / 16 hours on weekdays between 2 August and 2 September.
The PAE Proficiency and Placement Exam evaluates the English level of students enrolling in Bilkent University for undergraduate programs.
About the Curriculum and Content
In line with the Bilkent PAE exam:
- Test Taking Skills and Strategies
- Analysis of the Question Types
- Reading Comprehension (synthesizing short and long texts)
- Listening Comprehension (note taking skills, analysis of the Question Types)
- Grammar (English grammar revision, different usages of the language, cloze tests)
- Vocabulary (Lexicalize, synonyms, antonyms, homonyms)
- Practical Writing in English (Writing Essays)
- Practical Speaking in English
- Testing and Answering questions are emphasized throughout the course.
In addition to their weekly lesson hours, our students attending our Bilkent PAE courses also benefit from our online EFL CAFE (Free English-Speaking lessons), which are held with a maximum number of 10 students at their own level and teachers.
Who can attend, what is required for registration, what is the fee?
Students that are at least Intermediate and above can participate in this program.
The student is required to complete the Proficiency Test and then get an appointment for the English oral assessment stage which is conducted by the Academic Department specialist.
Our Academic Department specialist will call you by phone or via Microsoft TEAMS on the day and time of your choice for the appointment to evaluate your English oral skills and inform you in detail about your enquiries and all our current programs suitable for your English level.
A fee is charged for any scheduled interview with the Academic Department specialist for oral assessments, needs analysis, academic orientation and/or further information about the course content and coursework. This fee is deducted from the total course fee when registered to the course.
For students who have not taken the Placement Exam and have not completed the English oral assessment stage, direct registration cannot be performed.
You can access the online placement test by clicking on the link: TAA ONLINE PLACEMENT TEST
These course programs and the information about the programs are admissible for the Turkish-American Association Headquarters located in Ankara Cinnah Street.